Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year !!!!

Enough is enough! We walked 11 miles on Friday (Yes, New Year's Eve)! It wasn't too bad except we are still indoors at the Gene Fullmer Rec. Center. 11 miles is 176 laps in 2 hours and 42 minutes! That's on pace for a 3 hour and 15 minute 1/2 Marathon! I know that really sounds slow for all of you runners but for me, it feels good to be able to go that long at that pace (about 4 mph). I'm just trying to break 3 hours and 30 minutes! Probably no running this time around but keeping my walking pace at about 4 mph or 15 minutes/mile! Anyway, that last run was just too many laps and this coming weekend it's 12 miles and we're going to go to the Kearns Olympic Speed Skating Oval and use the running/walking track there. It's only 3 or so laps per mile instead of 16!!!

I did get some new shoes and used them Friday. I thought I should break them in a little and wear them for a few miles then switch to my old ones but they felt great and I ended up wearing them the whole way! They are exactly the same shoes I had before just a newer model so I shouldn't have a problem with them. Funny thing is, my old shoes wore unevenly mostly because we walked so much on the small track. We always walked counter-clockwise and my right shoe wore out quicker than my left and had considerably less tread. The shoe guy just laughed and sold me a new pair and suggested the Olympic Oval where 12 miles is more like 40 laps instead of 192!. So, it's Saturday at 6:00am for 12 miles in 3 hours at the Oval if anyone want's to join us! That's our goal anyway.

Becky's been walking this whole time too and is doing great! She's been sick with sinus infection and has still kept up on the walking! I'm so proud of her for sticking with it. She inspires me to keep going!

We're 20 days out from St. George! This week it's 5 miles on Tuesday, 5 on Thursday and 12 on Saturday! Next week it will be 5, 5 and maybe 6 or 7. The week of the race it will probably be 5 and 5 then..... Whoo Hooo!! I hope they have the route finalized and ready to go! Since much of the track washed away, they need to pick a new route!

I hope everyone can still make it! We're looking forward to seeing everyone. We're going down on Thursday the 20th unless Kristen decides to have her baby that weekend! Little Laney isn't due until Feb. 11th but who knows? If she's like her mother, she will arrive whenever she pleases!! (kidding Kristen!) Actually, we can't wait for her to come into our lives!

We had a great and quiet New Year's celebration this year! Becky and I went out to Dinner and came home and watched a movie! Actually, it was exactly what I wanted to do and it was great to be together without a lot of other distractions!

One more thing! I don't know what your New Year's resolutions are or if you have any goals this year, but, whatever they are, I hope you achieve them. I still have my YNY goals (read my other posts) but I have a few besides them too that I won't mention here. One thing Becky and I are going to do this year is get certified to do Scuba Diving! I gave her some lessons for Christmas to get certified (no, that isn't all I got her!) and she is going to give me the same package for my birthday! We're going on a Mediterranean Cruise in September/October and I hope we can take an excursion one day and do some diving! We'll see! I also don't want to miss the sightseeing since I'm sure I won't get back there too often! Anyway, if anyone is interested in going on the same cruise, or in taking Scuba lessons with us, let me know and I'll send you the info. We're leaving out of Barcelona and I believe cruising for 12 days! Should be fun!

Over the Holidays, I haven't gained any weight! I haven't lost any either but I am at about the same as before Christmas... still down about 25 lbs. from when I started in August! I have a lot more to go and am still determined to lose at least another 40 lbs. or so. Just need to take it a day at a time and stay with the program! Never give up!

May you all find happiness, joy and peace in your lives in 2011!!

Caio!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how close the 1/2 is!! It seems time is just flying right on by! Today I started on the elliptical, only lasted 8 minutes before I felt like I was going to die and I let myself quit but I'm planning on getting on it again this afternoon and hope to last a bit longer! I figure by weeks end I should be able to do at least 30 maybe even 45 minutes and as I'm typing this I think it's so pathetic that I let myself quit at 8 minutes...
    Awesome that you didn't gain any weight over the holidays! I did really well until Christmas Day and then gave in to the sweets! I should have taken my own advice of tasting 1 of everything and throwing the rest out but I'm still down about 6 pounds and that's ok to start.
    Thanks for sharing your journey! It's very inspiring and I love that you're a real person doing this with the same ups and downs that I seem to experience every once in awhile!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Dad! I wish I had come with you guys Saturday, but I will be there at the oval next week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete