Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Luckiest !!!

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest


You know, I have to agree with Ben Folds, I am the Luckiest. I have the good fortune to be married to someone who supports me 100% and who puts up with me in this quest to be younger and to get into better shape. She matches me step for step and works out just as hard as I do. In fact, I think she is working harder. She goes to Jazzercise on days we don't walk. She walks/runs when I mostly just walk. She is really doing great and is looking great. We are really enjoying working out and walking together even though we go at different paces. I can't wait until summer when we can go biking, hiking and other things together to get in and keep in shape. She is also supporting me on the food front and is giving me great support and is cooking with and shopping for better and healthier foods. It is so important to have support on the home front when you are attempting a major lifestyle change. Becky supports me unconditionally and that makes all the difference. I love her enthusiasm and her drive to get up at 5:00am to go walking and to continue down the "younger next year" path. Thanks Becky! You are the love of my life and I truly am the Luckiest!

Walking one week from today in the 1/2M! I'm not expecting miracles, just want to finish in under 3.5 hours! I'm really looking forward to it and would like to invite anyone to come and participate or just watch. It should be a lot of fun!

My daughter Jennifer ran last year and challenged us to do it this year. In our process to get ready, several others have joined the adventure! Here are folks I know are going and many more might go:

Walking or Running:
Me
Becky
Jenny Brumfield Daughter (she started this adventure)
Asiel Brumfield Son-in-law
Bret & Kathy Taylor Friends
Randy & Suzanne Jones Friends
Jim & Kathe Riding Friends
Joe & Greta Bradford Nephew & Niece
Bert & Jenny Bradford Nephew & Niece

Cheerleaders:
Mama Myrl My wonderful mother
Peggy Draper Sister
Vicki & Randall Bradford Sister & Brother-in-law
Kermit & Jayne Warner Brother & Sister-in-law (coming from Oregon!)
Randy & Winnie Warner Brother & Sister-in-law
Jon & Katie Warner Son & Daughter-in-law (might make it, just getting home from Hawaii)!

Should be a party and everyone is welcome!!!

Walked 6.6 miles last night since we couldn't walk today (went to a funeral in Arimo, ID). This week we will do short walks to get rested and ready for Saturday. Should get 8-10 miles this week is all. Since I bought my new shoes the end of December, I will have about 60 miles on them before Saturday! They feel great and I'm glad I have them broke in pretty well.

Everybody have a great week!

Caio!

Mark... The Luckiest!

2 comments:

  1. Go Mark! We could not be happier for you and are proud of how far you've come since August! I agree... Becky is wonderful and a great support to you (and the rest of us)! We're excited to be cheering you on :) Good luck... we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good for you guys!!! Count us in as cheerleaders, we would love to come down and support you! We look forward to seeing everyone.
    Big hugs, Stacey & Dewey

    ReplyDelete