Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Home Stretch

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We had a great time with all of our kids, grandkids and Grandma Myrl too! It came and went way too fast. We need to keep that special feeling of giving and joy throughout the year.... hmmmm, I'll have to think of something!

Hey! We're on the homestretch for the 1/2M on January 22nd! Last Saturday was Christmas so we walked 8 miles on Friday (short week). This week we need to get back on track with 11 miles on Saturday (New Year's Day) and 12 miles on the 8th! Then we'll drop to 6 or 7 miles on the 15th getting rested for the 13.1 miles on the 22nd! I hope they can find a good new route since some of the trails were washed away down by the river! Washington County got hit hard by lots of rain and runoff into the Virgin River!

I think I gained a pound or two over this last weekend but it will be gone today and tomorrow. I start back into weight training with Nate today since I took last week off! I didn't eat real well this week but I hope to get back on track today! Maybe I shouldn't say I didn't eat well because I ate a lot! Way too much but I tried to lay off too many sweets and carbs. I was partially successful! Actually, compared to years past, I did great! Compared to my current nutrition plan, not so great! But, I managed to gain very minimal weight and will be back on track today!

Becky has been sick with something like bronchitis... lots of coughing and feeling like crap! I hope she gets feeling better. She's struggling with the walks because she doesn't feel well. Keep her in your prayers!

It should be a great weekend in St. George on the 22nd! Anyone is welcome to come down and either run/walk or just be a cheerleader! So, come and have some fun, you need a break anyway!

2 comments:

  1. I got my elliptical for Christmas and I'm hoping to get it set up this week so I can start my journey. It's pretty cliche to start trying to lose weight for the new year but I figure it's a good starting point and I'm not putting it as a resolution because then that'll never happen! Glad to hear you're still on track for the 1/2! You'll do great! I wanted to tell you how good you're looking! I can tell you've lost weight! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No time like the present Shara! It's not a new years thing, its a lifetime thing. Hope I can keep it up! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete