Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Countdown!

Getting closer! Walked 12 miles at the Kearns Olympic Speed Skating Oval on Saturday. Their track goes around the Speed skating track and is an oddball length but it beats Gene Fullmer where we would have had to go 192 laps to make 12 miles! As it was, I went 41 laps in the 3rd lane which is 12 miles and did it in 2 hours and 55 minutes! (not too bad for a fat man!) At that rate I hope to make the 1/2 M in under 3 hours and 30 minutes! Whoo Hooo!

Takin' it a little easier this week and next. The 12 miles was our longest pre-race walk. Now its glide into home with shorter walks. After this one, I'm going to start running a little and see if I can build up my wind and endurance. I would like to run one someday and maybe do a marathon! That's a long way out but someday!! For now, I have only one goal and that is to finish this one!

If the long range forecast is correct, it will be in the 40s and possibly raining! That doesn't sound fun at all! May need to take an extra pair of dry socks!

Well, the route has been changed and updated on the website! It looks like it backtracks on itself a bit! I'm sure I'll be passing many going the opposite way as me and they will be miles ahead! Oh well!

Jon and Katie are in Hawaii this week (temps in the 70s) but they hope to come down to St. George Friday night the 21st. I hope they can make it! It will be fun to see everyone and to walk in the rain!! We'll be there unless Kristen has little Laney at that time! Can't wait for our #6 grandchild!

Hope everyone has had a great start to their New Year! Now its to bed because we have to walk 5 miles at 5:30am!!

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. I typed a whole long comment about how exciting it is that your 1/2 is so close and how maybe someday I'll want to run one with you and yadda yadda yadda and then I clicked the post comment button and it didn't work so I clicked it a couple more times and then I got kicked out and lost my comment! So now I'll just say how exciting and fun it is that you're almost there! As you're walking and people are running past or you're thinking about them being miles ahead remember that your goal isn't to beat others, don't measure your goal by theirs but by it's own right! You're going to do great!
    I'm also so excited for Laney Lou to be here! It's so great that your kiddos are all starting families of their own! I love seeing them and hearing stories about them raising their kids! It's fun to see you as a Grandpa too!
    Good Luck next weekend! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete