Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods.........

Okay, maybe not over the river but on the mini-track anyway. Back to walking and working out 6 days a week. Three days a week strength training with my Trainer Nate Peterson and three days walking. I haven't ever done much strength training with weights and I feel like a total beginner... which I am of course. Nate is great and is being very patient and is helping me a lot, mostly technique for now. I am feeling a bit stronger and my legs are handling the longer walks better than they use to. The cross training is great because it lets my muscles rest between walks and workouts.

Walking indoors is a killer! Not from the workout but from the boredom! The last two Saturdays I've walked 8 miles each day. That's 128 laps for 8 miles!! The track at Gene Fullmer is only 1/16th of a mile... Makes one dizzy! Thank goodness for the old iPod and earbuds! Becky has been walking/running with me and she is doing better than me. She runs and walks, I pretty much just walk. I'm really proud of her, she is doing great and is also doing Jazzersize every day too!

As far as the weight is concerned, I have lost 22 lbs. since August and have had to go back to some of my older suits since my newest one is literally falling off of me. I'm trying to eat 6 times a day and keep to a pretty strict diet.. Staying away from too many bad carbs like sugar, white breads, white rice, potatoes, etc. Sticking to more protein and good carbs, fruits and vegetables. So far, it's working pretty well. Becky and I are working on this together and we're both learning to eat better. After years of bad habits, its a slow road but we're getting there. When your favorite foods are bread, cheese, pasta, pizza, etc., its a hard habit to break! I know there are a lot of good food programs out there like Nutri Systems, etc. but I'm determined to learn how to do this on my own and not become dependent on their food. If this doesn't work, then we'll see. So far, I'm doing pretty good.

I'll post some more pics after I lose a few more pounds! I at least made it through Thanksgiving without too much damage! I gained a pound or two but I immediately dropped it back off when I got back on the eating program.

In December, we'll work up to 10 miles. January 22nd (1/2 Marathon date) is coming quick. Everyone is invited to come to St. George to participate or to watch! It should be a fun weekend!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and may you all find Joy in the Christmas season!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Way to keep going Mark! We are very proud of your weight loss and your endurance to keep going. It is tough during the holiday season! I think it's great Becky is doing this along with you. You are looking great! We sure love you!

    ReplyDelete