Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Monday, November 15, 2010

One Step Forward.......

Okay, I'm still on track but wasn't able to walk much this past week due to.... you guessed it, another pulled muscle in the same left calf. This time I was playing racquetball with my friend Sid. I think I'm going to hold off on that until I lose another 20 lbs. or after the run in January! After walking the 10K+, Becky and I walked 4 miles last Monday (week ago) on the indoor track at Gene Fullmer fitness center in West Jordan. That's 64 laps on their small track, made me dizzy! Then it was weight training on Tuesday and racquetball on Wed. where I pulled a muscle, weights on Thursday, Nothing Friday and Saturday. I didn't eat too healthy this week.. again... but I did eat well! I think I ate Pizza twice at work and took Jon and Katie to dinner for his birthday Wednesday night and had pizza again! It was great but not what I should be eating.

I'm starting some weight training to build strength (3 days per week) and aerobics the other 3 days. Feeling much better and stronger and have lost about 17 lbs. so far. Still going slow on the weight loss but still making progress.

I love the fall and the leaves and the colors. I mowed my lawn for the last time this year and put the old lawn mower away. I pulled all of the flowers out and cleaned out the garden. It was a little sad as it always is this time of year to see all of the color go but winter has its beauty too and I'm looking forward to the holiday season. I even put my snow plow on my ATV and its ready to go! Becky and I bought some warmer clothes to walk/run in and will still do our longer walks outside. Getting colder so we need to bundle up!

Have you ever felt that you get too involved in too many good things? It's hard to keep up with it sometimes but as Chris and Harry say (remember the book?) connections and relationships are vital and extremely important so I don't feel too bad that I'm involved in so many good things. I've just got to be careful not to do too much and not have time for the most important things. Between work, Lions Club, church callings (3), family, U of U Engineering Alumni Board, YSA activities, etc. I'm feeling a little tired. Maybe that's why I haven't written here like I should!

A few setbacks, but all in all, I'm still on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment