Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

What a great time of year! I love the Holiday Season and yes, since it's my blog, I can say "Merry Christmas" too! I hope everyone is having a great Christmas season and that you are all finding joy in your lives!

As for me, I'm finding a lot of things to be thankful for and am finding joy in my family and friends. In the past few weeks all of my children had their birthdays and are all doing well with only a few bumps in the road.... but I won't get into them. Anyway, we're all doing well and excited for the holidays and for the arrival of our next (6th) grandchild in February. Kristen is expecting on the 11th and will name her "Laney". We can't wait! This is Kristen's first and she is ready to get it done and have Laney here!

Whoo Hoo! This morning was a 9-mile walk and I felt like I could have walked longer! We all did great but are still walking indoors. Becky, Jenny and our Neighbors Marilyn and Suzanne walked outside for 2 of the nine miles, I stayed indoors with my friend Thom. Thom hasn't been walking regularly and went 8 miles today! He did great but I think he's going to be sore! I walked the 9 miles in 2 hrs and 15 minutes... right at a 4 mph speed.. 15 minutes/mile pace. For me, that's good! My goal is to finish the 1/2 marathon in 3.5 hours or less to get a timed score. So far, I'm on track!

I mentioned last time that Becky is walking/running too and getting in shape for the January race. She is doing great and is looking great too! WOW!

I've now lost 25 lbs. and am actually starting to notice! I was so heavy that it takes a lot of weight to see much progress but I'm seeing it now and am feeling a lot better! I have much more endurance and strength than I did when I started this journey!

Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Chirstmas to you too Mark! Congrats on your 25 pound loss, that's amazing! Keep up the good work and Good Luck on your 1/2!!

    ReplyDelete