Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Four Weeks and Counting !!!

Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you
Yes theres a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down
I want to come too

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you

No one understands me quite like you do
Through all of the shadowy corners of me

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much
All of the while I never knew
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much
All of the while I never knew

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you
Yes theres a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the waters that make your eyes shine
Now I'm shining too

Because oh because
I've fallen quite hard over over you

If I didnt know you, I'd rather not know
If I couldnt have you, I'd rather be alone

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much
All of the while I never knew
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
I love so much
All of the while, I never knew

All of the while , all of the while

It was you...


by Landon Pigg

This is a good song and you really should listen to it. I think of Becky when I hear it. I'll add it to my "Favs" list.

Anyway, it's about 4 weeks to the 1/2M. Don't know if I'm ready but oh well! Actually, we walked 10 miles last Saturday and it felt good! Amid the Jr. Jazz photoshoot we walked around and around on the suspended 1/16 mile track mesmerized by the lack of scenery and the monotony of 160 laps of sameness! I'm wishing the weather would clear and the snow would melt!

I'm now listening to Louis Armstrong sing "A Kiss to Build a Dream on". It's also a good song. Oh, wait.... now Michael Buble' "You Don't Know Me" Hmmm. This is what I do when I walk... just listen to lot's of good music. Although, the last two Saturday's, we've had neighbors come walking with us so we also talk. I think they figure if I can do it, anyone can so they are joining us and considering coming to walk/run the 1/2M in January. Thom walked the whole 10 miles with us and he hasn't been walking hardly at all! It's taken me 4 months to work up to this distance! New song... Train singing "Drops of Jupiter". It's the music that saves me from the monotony!!

Okay, let's talk about my original goals and see how I'm doing... am I really getting younger??
This is a Younger Next Year journey. It's not quite next year but how am I doing?? Let's see.

Goals:

1. Get at least 6.5-7 hours of sleep each night.
I'm getting about 5-6 is all

2. Lose 50 pounds (as a start).
I'm down 25 from the original 261.8# or about 235#. Still way to heavy, but on track!

3. Eat healthier and less... and cut the crap!
I'm eating much healthier.. 6 meals a day with balanced carbs, protein, fiber and fats. I really feel a lot better! Cutting the crap has been pretty easy until now, the Holiday Season is really hard to not eat all of the goodies that our kind neighbors and friends bring to us!

4. Be able to run (or at least finish) a half marathon with my daughters sometime this year.
So far on track for Jan. 22nd!! At first, I just wanted to finish it, now I'm shooting for 3.5 hours to get an official time. After that, they all go home and you don't get a time!

5. Be able to ride in the Tour de Cure for diabetes (at least 40 miles of it).
Whoo Hooo! I've signed up anyway! I'm not sure I can make that many miles but I'll at least do something. BTW, I will be posting a web link so you can donate to the cause if you want to. I need to raise at least $150.

6. Write in this blog at least once a week to monitor my progress.
Okay, I haven't been as attentive to writing as I first promised! I'll try to do better!

7. Stay actively engaged with other people in my family, work, church and community service.
Wow! I'm very involved in all of these! I have a wonderful family, great job, great Church calling and I'm a member of the Salt Lakes Lions Club where we are currently trying to raise funds for an "All Abilities" playground! So I'm very involved, connected and engaged with other people and they all touch my life in some way, mostly for the good!

8. Love life, help people, be happy!!!
Yes, YES and YES!! I know, I know! I don't get a discount for agreeing with you! I just got a little carried away! It happens to you too??? Hmmmm :-)

Well, that's about it. I feel like I'm on track and I feel much healthier. I look a little thinner and my clothes don't fit me very well anymore. That's a good thing right? Anyway, if how you feel counts, I do feel younger than I did in August when I started this journey! But, it is just a start and I'm determined to keep going and going and going.... yes, just like the Energizer Bunny! This is a lifetime program not just one day, one week, one month or one year! It's one lifetime and it's mine so let's live it one day at a time with the goal in mind; to live life to the fullest and without regrets! As my trainer Nate has tattooed on his arms,, "Be Sorry for Nothing!"

Love to everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Wishing you all of the joy and happiness that you deserve and that you can stand! Cherish your family and friends during this Holiday season and always remember the reason we celebrate!

Warm wishes,

Mark

3 comments:

  1. You're doing so well! Keep up the good work! I've lost about 10 pounds since I weighed at my heaviest (non-pregnancy weight anyway) about 6 weeks ago! I was totally bummed and I've lost the motivation to work out (I need to get back to Jazzercise) but I'm definately watching what I put in my face and while it's not always good (holiday candy sucks for my diet, but tastes so dang yummy!) at least I'm aware of what's going in my mouth and stop at 1 or 2 instead of eating it all! A friend told me some good advice that I'll pass along, when you get those yummy neighbor gifts take a taste only, savor it, and then trash the rest. That way you can honestly say how good it was and thank them but not eat the whole dang plate and feel miserable about the extra pounds on your butt later ;) I hope you have an incredibly happy and merry Christmas! I hope your grandkiddies get what they want from santa but still remember the babe in the manger and what Christmas is really about, and I hope your new year brings happiness to all of you! I love you guys! Merry Christmas! and keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go dad! I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished thus far. I have a picture of me at that same spot in Puerto Vallarta - except instead of having lost weight since then I've definitely gained some. Laney is doing a number on my once half-decent bod. (The things we do for our kids - jeesh!) Also - I'm not sure if you have a long lost daughter that none of us know about, but I'm most definitely not doing the 1/2 with you this year! I don't think my doctor would approve, and Laney would most likely make an early arrival if I did. Count me in next year though! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.

    YOU ARE DOING REAL WELL AND I AM IMPRESSED WITH BOTH YOU AND BECKY.

    LOVE, UNCLE BILL

    ReplyDelete