Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tiny Miracles - Laney Lou !!

It's been a while since we've heard the cry of a newborn baby in our house. What a blessing it is to have little Laney Lou join our family. She was born on Saturday February 12th to my youngest daughter Kristen and her husband Ben. What a joy! A gift from God bringing this new little personality, this new soul into our lives.

It doesn't seem so long ago that little Kristen was born to us and came into our lives. Of course she brought the same joy to us 25 years ago that Laney is now bringing. I am so proud of Kristen and Ben as they start out as new parents. Their love and devotion to each other and to their new little addition brings happiness to my soul. As they work together to grow their little family into an eternal unit, it is wonderful to witness. To see Kristen "My Little Dancer" hold her new little one, I can't help but wonder what the future will bring. I know Little Laney will be nurtured and given the best care and has come into a family that will love her unconditionally. I wonder if she will dance and sing and play as her mother did and become a "little dancer" to her daddy.

Laney is our 6th grandchild and each one has brought the same joy to us as their souls join with ours and their individual personalities develop. I love them all with all of my heart and soul as I do their parents. I am so proud and please with all of my children and their spouses and how they are living their lives and raising their children. What a joy this life is for Becky and I as we watch our family grow.

As I watched Becky holding Laney this morning, I said a quiet prayer and gave thanks for such a wonderful wife and matriarch of our growing family. She truly is a wonderful mother and grandmother.

Today we are celebrating my son-in-laws birthday (which is really next week) and all of my children and grandchildren are coming. There are 14 of us now! It is so much fun to have them all here and close by so we can get together!

I'll post some pics when I get them compiled! Kristen and Ben have some good ones posted on their blog if you want to go see! I have a link in my blog list for Kristen and Ben Faux. Go take a look, she really is cute; but as her grandpa, I might be just a little biased!

As far as my YNY journey goes, I'm still doing okay. I'm not eating as good as I should but the daily exercise/strength training is still on track. After a week and a half off due to stitches, etc. I'm back at it but have still plateaued on my weight! It's the food! Bad habits are hard to break!

Until next time, may you find joy and happiness in your life as I have found in mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment