Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Monday, August 30, 2010

A "Break Even" Week!!!

    I found out this week that travelling and eating out aren't friends with exercise and dieting.  I call it a "break-even" week because it was my goal to not lose or gain any weight and to exercise every day even if it was just a meager workout.  Well, that's exactly what I did and it's exactly what happened.  I was in California on Tuesday and Phoenix on Wednesday.  I walked both days but I was with others and didn't get the workout I usually get.  On Friday and Saturday, I was at Panguitch Lake (about 8400 ft. elevation) and I walked both days there too.  The first day was 3 miles, but Saturday, I only walked 1 mile.  Pretty sad workout and then, to top it off, I ate too much crap the whole week!  My major weakness is food and this week took its toll.  I did try to watch my portions but still ate too much and ate the wrong kinds of food.  I think being at 8400 ft. elevation made my heart work a little harder and helped me maintain and not gain weight.  Also, we spent many hours on our ATVs which I'm sure burned a few calories fighting the rocks, roots and ruts!  I was surprised when I got on the scales this morning and I weighed exactly the same as last week (to the 10th of a pound)!  I was elated that I didn't gain anything after eating so much crap and not exercising as much as I would like.
   We had a great weekend with great friends (the Ridings).  It was a blast staying in their cabin and then using the ATVs to go on some incredible trails.  Casto Canyon is one that shouldn't be missed.  Its between Panguitch and Bryce Canyon and is absolutely stunning!  I'll throw in a few pics for you!
   This week I have a goal to lose a couple of pounds and walk every day!  This morning we woke up to thunder, lightning and nickle-sized hail!  I didn't really want to walk in that so Becky and I walked a 5K tonight after a barbeque dinner at Jenny's.  We walked around the lake in DayBreak and it was fabulous!  We walked at a pretty good pace and kept it the whole way (about 4 mph).  For me, that's a pretty fast pace without running.
    Next week will be another test as we are going to Puerto Vallarta to an all-inclusive resort which means, all of the food you can eat!  I may kill myself but once again, my goal is to not gain any weight and exercise every day!  No stopping now just because I'm going to be on vacation!
   Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment