Mark-1

Mark-1
Time to Laugh !!!

Laney Lou!

Laney Lou!
Laney Lou!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Confessions........

Okay, I think I broke most of Harry's Rules this past week. It wasn't intentional....well not completely but either way, I'm paying the price. If you don't know what Harry's Rules are, you should read the book "Younger Next Year". A link is on the sidebar. Anyway, here are his rules and my lack of progress this week as well as my excuses... which are really in-excusable!!

Harry's Rules:

1. Exercise six days a week for the rest of your life!

Note: I pulled a muscle in my left calf again and it's still killing me. I know, I know! I should swim, bike, spin, etc... some of the healing sports.. but I didn't and it's been several days since I did an aerobic walk... Yes, I'm ashamed of myself and that's why I'm confessing!

2. Do serious aerobic exercise four days a week for the rest of your life!

Note: See note above.. no need to make up another lame excuse!

3. Do serious strength training, with weights, 2 days a week for the rest of your life.

Note: I'm looking for a trainer!

4. Spend less than you make!

Note: Believe me, if you don't do this one, it can really effect your health!

5. Quit eating crap!!!!

Note: Okay, I've really blown this rule this week. I've eaten a lot of pasta, mexican food, pizza, brownies, etc. I'm a stress eater and I eat comfort food when I need consoling. The pulled muscle made me very discouraged because I still desparately want to walk in the St. George 1/2 marathon in January. I'm in jeopardy of not being able to do it if I don't start walking again! So, instead of doing something else, I turned to comfort food and I've gained a couple of pounds back! I should go on the "Biggest Loser" show!

6. Care

Note: I think I've done pretty well here.. I really do care about my family, friends and everyone else..

7. Connect and commit.

Note: I try to do this daily with my family, my church, my work and my service club (Lions). My problem is that I connect and over-commit and then kill myself trying to do it all! I need to learn the "Good, Better, Best" lesson and stop filling my life with so many good things that I don't have time for the better and best things!

Okay, that is all of Harry's rules and yes, I broke most of them this week! I need to keep reminding myself that this is a lifetime program and not a sprint. I need to stop kicking myself for not walking and eating too much this week. I just need to start again and chock it up to a weeks vacation and go back to work!

On a lighter note, Becky and I had a great time tonight going with all of our kids and grandkids to pick pumpkins for Halloween! It was a lot of fun and it made me happy!

Until next time!

Caio!

P.S. "Note:" is really sometimes just a note, sometimes its an excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment